Job Opening – Veterinary Nurse
Our progressive small animal general practice in downtown Longmont is looking for a full time veterinary nurse to add to the team. We are looking for someone who is motivated with a willingness to learn new things and work hard. We are equipped with digital x-ray, in-house lab equipment, high quality dental equipment including digital dental x-ray. We are highly committed to keeping our clinic as stress free as possible and we take pride in making pain management one of our top priorities. We offer acupuncture, laser treatment, and have a certified rehabilitation specialist on staff.
Veterinary Nurse Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing compassionate care to all patients.
- Performing diagnostic tests, which include in-house blood work, fecal exams, urinalysis, cytology, and radiographs.
- Performing blood draws, cystocentesis, and IV catheter placement.
- Preparing and/or administering medications, vaccines, and treatments under the guidance of a veterinarian.
- Providing general nursing care for hospitalized and surgical patients.
- Observing and reporting on the behavior and conditions of animals.
- Safely and humanely restraining animals for examination or treatment.
- Preparing patient, surgical suite, and instruments for surgery.
- Assisting veterinarian in administering anesthesia and monitoring during and after surgical procedures.
- Collecting and recording animal case histories, signalment, weight, and vitals.
- Educating clients on various aspects of animal care such as, post-op home care, diet, preventative care, medication administration, etc.
- Assisting other staff members as required- answer phones, check voicemails, schedule appointments, make follow-up calls for doctors, etc.
- Preparing and maintaining supplies and equipment.
- Maintaining a clean, aseptic, and organized treatment area, exam rooms, surgical suites, and lab area.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Benefit opportunities for full-time employees:
- Health Insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Continuing Education reimbursement
- Three weeks paid time off
- Uniform allowance
- Discounted services for personal pets
- Eligible for health benefits immediately; 401k after 6 months; All other benefits after a 90 day trial period
2 or more years of experience and certification preferred but not required. Salary commensurate with experience and certification.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: